Stylish Blooms are happy to share our expertise with you. We have discovered that although flowers need water, some need a little more attention. Some flowers will arrive in bud and others will arrive thirsty and require immediate rehydration. Most of our flowers arrive picture perfect.
Flowers require only simple care. You will be rewarded with beautiful blooms if you follow these basic suggested care instructions.
- Use a clean vase and fill it with lukewarm water. We suggest tepid temperature water as most flowers do not readily absorb cold water.
- Re-cut the stems approximately 2-3cm on an angle under water, this releases any air bubbles in the stems and revives any wilted blooms.
- Remove any foliage that may sit below the water line.
- Place your flowers into your vase and ensure to keep them out of direct sunlight or near heating and draughty areas as these factors cause excessive moisture loss. Keep your flowers away from fruit as fruit release ethylene, a gas which can cause floral decomposition and accelerates blooms to mature quickly.
- Be patient and wait for your buds to open into beautiful blooms. Some flower varieties bloom quicker than others. Remove any deteriorating blooms or foliage this encourages other blooms to open and your flowers will last longer.
Caring for Flower Arrangements
Always place something under your arrangement container to protect your furniture from water damage.
Occasionally mist your floral arrangement with water and fill up the water container daily. Ensure that the oasis (green floral foam) is never completely dry.
Remove any dehydrated blooms or foliage from the arrangement.
Caring for Gift Bouquets
Wrapping is used purely as decorative and also to protect the blooms. Remove any wrapping from the bouquet , re cut the stems of the bouquet and place into water immediately.